Thursday 14 August 2008

Is this thing turned on?

Hmm… is there an etiquette for opening blog entries? I suppose I’d better give you ‘all that David Copperfield kind of crap’.

My name’s Tom Murphy and I’ve just graduated from Bournemouth University with an MA in Screenwriting. Yay. I’m currently waiting for ParcelForce to turn up with the Golden Key to Every Door in the Film and TV Industry.

In the meantime, I thought it would be worth starting a blog to record my experiences and progress as I shuffle uncertainly towards where the action is. I also see quite a few films and a fair bit of TV and theatre, so I’m hoping that blogging about a few of those might help to sharpen up my critical outlook.

In other news, I turned 40 earlier in the year, and am currently facing what Martin Amis described as ‘the Information’. I’m also being made redundant and going freelance (writing/editing) in a couple of weeks, so these are Interesting Times.

Next, I'll try to come up with a few reflections on my MA course, as the whole issue of teaching screenwriting seems to twist many melons.

No comments: